Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A prose dedicated to the post 80s like me..

Ever exclaimed time fleeted? Ever found it a hard struggle to merge into a world of sophistication? Ever doubted the meaningfulness of life and work? Ever… Yes. As what it is believed that we are a blessed generation, the overwhelming majority of us have enjoyed unshared care and attention in a family with the one-child policy. Yet, it is surely a tunnel vision about the post 80s, the so-called in the eyes of most seniors’ a spoiled and disobedient generation What about your idea as one of the post 80s? Materially speaking, I do believe that we enjoy unprecedented abundance, despite the fact that I was not from a well-off family. With years of study and teachers’ inculcation, I grew from an ignorant boy to a traditionally-considered an egghead after untold narrow victories against the trial educational reforms like most of my peers. Not even having time to enjoy the “brave new world” after the survival of the entrance exam, four years of college life, the prime time of a person’s life, with its honor and regret became a part of the good old days which we can never retrieve. On entering the society, I took a tumble that everything I used to believe was not practically possible, which I partially lay the blame on my maverick personality and ways of act. My as-you-sow-so-will-you-reap conviction vanished into thin air against the harsh reality. However, thankfully deep down inside, I was not born a loafer and never a member of the NEET group. I did and now I am doing what I can to colorize my life by gaining not only financial satiation but also a sense of achievement and recognition, along the way of which I am spiritually inspired by the lines in the famous movie The Pursuit of Happiness: You got a dream, you gotta protect it; people can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it; if you want something, go get it. Yes, I do want something and I am ready to get it despite the prospective difficulties.